5.26.2009

finding myself in nature.

it never takes me long to rest in the comfort that being in nature brings to me. for some reason, i am always brought back to myself. to what is important to me. to where i have been letting city pace take charge and navigate my rhythm. when i am with nature, i can remember the calm. i can hear the song. i can smell the scent of simplicity...and i feel so much more certain of the whispers to crawl back to my center. it is like one huge breath... filling me up with life.
there are times when i hit a block in my journey to bring my inner landscape OUT. it usually is subtle and inconspicuous...but each block thwarts me into a drift on walking through each day, not paying attention to my integrity. each action counts in my life. i believe this. and sometimes i just don't pay as much attention to the little tiny actions that make up the energy of my life. my focus shifts and i tend to lose sight of the values and commitments that matter most to me. i don't create because i don't have the time. i don't sit with my children through that one book because there is always later. i don't choose to let go because i am afraid there isn't enough. and so on and so forth.
but nature. she speaks truth. and she reminds me of who i am at my core. she brings me back in alignment with my values and life vision, because, well...she knows. i feel understood here. i feel in tune here. i feel full-fledged freedom. and i am nudged ever so gently into action, because all around me is the beauty of creation.

7 comments:

daisies said...

:-) oh yes!! xox

Maggie Ann. said...

beautiful,
beautiful you!

this is the very essence of truth.

so much love, dearest.

<3

Jamie said...

ahhhh....i can feel the breeze on my face and the smell of the pines just sitting here.....

Natalie said...

You are so beautiful! Inside and out!

latisha said...

ive fallen in love three times this year...with the desert...after the heat came...each time sleeping in the dirt among it all. its where we all begin and find ourselves back again and again.

liz elayne lamoreux said...

i deeply appreciate this reminder. even though i am not feeling well after almost two weeks of being sick, i think this weekend i must get out into the world and breathe in the fresh air and look at the sea and sky and find that grounding.
(love that image of feeling in tune.)

Birdie said...

what a beautiful soul you have got! ... when I read your posts in many ways I feel exactly the same ... thank you for the courage to share all of that with us ... wow I admire your capacity to put your inner part in words like that, I'm unable to do so but I'm sure many ppl can connect to your writings ... all the best to you and yours, Jitka